Sunday, October 29, 2006

More brake stuff



Spent some more time working on the brakes. Finally got the brake booster in. I created a bit of plate which was welded to the pedal box mounting frame. I did a quick measurement and it looks like the booster will not be in the way of other things. I wont know until I re-mount the engine.

I have also mounted the clutch master cylinder. It is reasonably low on the pedal. I am hoping this will not create to "heavy" a clutch. It is about 4/5 the way down, the original toyota was 1/5 the way down, the pedal. From the pictures you can see I am stuck with this configuration unless I get out the grinder and move a structural member in the engine bay. If the clutch ends up being to heavy I will relocate it. The clutch master cylinder is also mounted on a slight angle, this is so i get a smooth clutch compression as the pedal runs on a slight angle.

Next job is to get the diff cleaned and painted. Also to start mounting the brake lines and fuel lines. Once this is done I can put it back on wheels and start the task of wiring / re-wiring the motor, dash and body.

No comments: