Monday, October 16, 2006

The brake stuff







Wow the second post in the same night. I must be busy (I wish progress was as good as the posts). So what we have in these pics is the brake master cylinder and the push rod that activates it. Also you can see a bolt being measured. This is roughly the size that the other end of the push rod fits for the cylinder.

To my suprise and thanks to Charles it looks like this step is going to be a lot less painful than first thought. I was thinking I would need to fabricate something that fitted a 10 mm bolt thread and then fit a tube to a spring to create something to spring back the 6-ish mm head that fitted into the master cylinder from the orignal brake booster unit. The pedal should take care of the spring back.

The basic idea going to be used is to take a 10mm bolt of the correct length. I am thinking this will need to be at least 100 mm but should be less than 140 mm long (more measuring required). Cut the head off it and round it out to fit the master cylinder. I will chop the front of the old brake booster (not pictured) to give me a mounting plate for the master cylinder. This plate will be welded to the car frame to stop it moving.

Sounds simple, hopefully the execution is as good as the description.

No comments: