Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Fitting the air box

The airbox is finally fitted. I grabbed a pod filter and adapter plate from repco. I made the airbox to line up with the sides of the gearbox tunnel. To give the ali something solid to be pop riveted into. This has given me the problem that I now only have space for a battery in the engine bay on the passengers side.

With the lack of space in the engine bay all the fuses need to be moved into the inside of the car. I created a fuse box which can be accessed from the passengers side of the car without having to remove the scuttle. This should hopefully reduce the wear and tear on the scuttle and general paint work.











The next step is to fit the rest of the dash wiring and work out if there is enough space for all the fuses.

No comments: